Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Leaving a Legacy


On Friday, January 23rd, my Granddad passed away in Minden. Saturday morning, Buie and I loaded up the car with suitcases and Conner and headed down for the funeral. I was so thankful that I went home the weekend before to tell him bye. We knew it would only be a matter of days before he went home to be with the Lord. The funeral was yesterday, and I am very thankful that Buie was able to take a few days to be with me at this time. I know it's kind of weird to take pictures at a funeral but I haven't seen some of my cousins since my Grandmom's funeral in '01, so of course the camera came out.
I will miss my Granddad but he is in a much better place. He spent 92 years here on this earth and 57 years with his wife, Frances. I can only imagine how happy they are right now together again in heaven...

Well, I could go on and on but here are a few pictures for you to enjoy of Buie and I and a few of my family members and some of my favorites of my Granddad.

me and Buie about to leave for the funeral

The Little Rock Crew: The Buies and The Walkers (my brother and sister-in-law)

me and my brother, Craig

Kelley, Cara Beth, Laura, and Leah - all four of Granddad's granddaughters

me and A.J., Andrew James- named after Granddady

No comments: