Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Let's get updated, shall we?

Where do I even begin? So much has happened since I last wrote. I got out of the habit of blogging for whatever reason. To quote Jessie Spano on Saved by the Bell, "There's no time! There's never any time!"

I kept thinking, I should probably keep up with my blog if not for the sheer fact that I have a bad memory. If I write it down or take a picture of it, it helps me remember. But then, weeks turned into months and here I am doing an "update on life" blog because I haven't written in forever. It kind of feels like I'm starting over. No clue where to even start so here's a update on a few main areas in our life for you:

Health:

Occasionally I write about my health on my blog so I will remember my journey. It has been a long one for me for sure! From being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, then Hypothyroidism, PCOS and now an insulin resistance, the road has been long and difficult. I recently found a new doctor in Dallas through a recommendation, and we are in the process of switching up some medicines (again) and trying to get some weight off and balance my thyroid production. My doctor believes that the damage done to my body by gluten is causing all of these other issues, including my resistance to the hormone insulin. With my recent diagnosis of an insulin resistance, I really have to watch my carb and sugar intake because my body doesn't process sugar properly. You may be wondering if this is another name for Diabetes 2 and it is not, BUT it could turn into to it if I don't take care of myself. So for now I'm watching my carb/sugar intake with a vengeance and dreaming of pizza and popcorn. 

Business:

In January of this year, we officially changed the name of my photography business from Cara Beth Studio to Buie Photography. With the help of 2 web designer friends, we got a completely new website and logo. 

Another huge business decision was for my husband Buie to step in and help out with the business. He has been focusing on marketing for us. You may be seeing some of our ads in Weddings with Style and Bayou Life. We are focusing more on wedding photography which is actually something I told myself years ago that I would never do. I remember specifically saying that I didn't want to spend my weekends working! ha! And now that is exactly what we are doing, but we absolutely LOVE it! We are basically with each other about 24 hours a day because we both work from home. Thankfully we do not share an office so we do have a little space. ;) 

I love having my husband with me on shoots now because I have someone funny to talk to and entertain me. I have someone to help carry equipment and most of all, I have a talented photographer to help contribute to our couple's wedding gallery. Buie and I hope to grow our business even more in the coming months and years, so if you know anyone who needs a photographer, send them our way!


The Zoo

Some of y'all may know that we love animals (understatement of the year) and we have a few of them. ;) At the moment and for the last year or so, we have twelve animals. Yup. You read that right. 12 animals. 4 dogs. 4 cats and 4 rabbits. We love each and every one of them. Some of them we love more than others. ;) And some of them may have become outdoor animals since they decided to quit using the litterbox, but we love them still! 

Spring is our most recent rescue and we've had her over a year now! It's crazy how time flies. 


I'm going to do my best to keep this updated if not just for me and Buie and my memory and maybe our parents because I think they are the only one who reads this. ;) 

See you around hopefully sooner rather than later! 




No comments: