Thursday, April 16, 2009

We bought a house!


Woo hoo! We are excited to announce that we are now officially home owners! We closed on the house yesterday (Tax Day) at 1 pm. The closing only took about 30 or 40 minutes to sign all the papers, then we grabbed a quick bite to eat to celebrate. We will receive the keys to our new house on either Sunday or Monday. The former owners needed a little more time to get all of their belongings out of the house, which was fine with us since we still have SO much packing to do!

We had a PODS storage unit delivered last week and it's sitting in our condo parking lot, just waiting to be filled. Buie has done most of the muscle work in this department. Last night we tried to move our couch out the the PODS with no luck. It was waaay tooo heavy for me. I was able to move it about a foot or two before I started yelling, "Put it down! Put it down!" Thank goodness I didn't drop it on my big toe. So we decided it would be better to wait on a boy to help Buie. Boys are better at moving the heavy thing anyway. :) I'll stick to bubble wrapping all the dishes. That's my specialty.



Our PODS storage unit


the inside of the PODS unit. We have a LONG ways to go!



We filed our taxes yesterday too! Our first time to file as a married couple.


It's not as exciting as it sounds... :)



This is my Easter basket Buie surprised me with on Sunday afternoon. Super cute!

3 comments:

Brett and Jill said...

I am so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see the inside. Good luck packing.

Julee said...

Congrats on the house!!!! Its so cute! I can't wait to see it with all of your stuff in it!! Yeah!! So excited for you!

Emily Blackwell said...

woo hooooo! so exciting! please post pics soon of the inside...and good luck packing. ick!